Assigning logos

About Forums Support Assigning logos

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nikman 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kick
    Participant

Hi Nikman, I’m trying to assign logos to some of my groups. I’ve downloaded a logos directory which is quite large and placed it on my firestick. Currently I’m working on the “ca” group and every time I assign the next channel logo, the list of logos goes back to “ca”. Since I have a very long list, this is very cumbersome. For example, I select “ca: ABC” and the list of logos start at ca… I then have to scroll back up to the logos that begin with A (not convenient since there is no page up on firestick.) Then I select the next channel and each time the list of logos goes back up to ca… Is there a way to turn off the automatic seeking in the logo list so that it remains in the same place when I get to the next channel? Or, is there a way, when in logo assign mode, to disable the group name in the search?

Maybe I’m doing this incorrectly. If so, please let me know a better way. This is going to take a long time to assign a few hundred logos.

Thanks

nikman
    Keymaster

– Ask your IPTV provider if there is a link to playlist without group name in channel names
    – You could download your playlist and make bulk channels rename by a text editor to replace “ca: ” to “” (empty string)

kick
    Participant

Thanks Nikman, I will edit the m3u file to remove the ca:. I have a few channels missing guide info, and I’m wondering if it is possible to put in an url to a different xml file within the m3u playlist e.g. I would like to get the m3u file to point to
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml within the tvg-id tag somehow. Is that possible and if so, what is the syntax?

Thanks again for your help.

nikman
    Keymaster

You can add several EPG sources in settings.
    Use “EPG assign mode” to link EPG data to channels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.