Bug (Mi Box 3) after upgrade to Android 8

About Forums Support Bug (Mi Box 3) after upgrade to Android 8

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nikman 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Maurice95000
    Participant

Hello Team,
    I have some issues after updating my MI BOX 3 on Android 8. Application crash after switch to home menu and goes back on the application. Other issue, videos flows lagging, it wasn’t the case before on android 6.

Other topic, Android 8 have new functionality on home screen , it’s seems Perfect player doesn’t support it.
    Thanks for your support
    Regards.

Maurice95000
    Participant

Application Also crash when i try to change m3u file in the application Menu. Need to do it 2 times after it works.

nikman
    Keymaster

Please, try this workaround: link

Maurice95000
    Participant

Workaround working when i using m3u file with 720p link. Still hapen with m3u with 1080p link.

I have somes continus lags on 1080p link, i don’t know if it’s a Perfect Player issue or Android OREO issue. I’m using MegaIPTV.

1080p details :
    Codec : H264 – MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)(h264)
    Resolution : 1920*1080
    Frames rate : 25
    Decoded Format : 4:2:0 YUV

720p details :
    Codec : H264 – MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)(h264)
    Resolution : 1280*720
    Frames rate : 25
    Decoded Format : 4:2:0 YUV

nikman
    Keymaster

FAQ: I have frequent buffering during playback

Workaround is about possible crashes on Android 8 devices.

Maurice95000
    Participant

I will try this update also on my MBox. Thanks team for your excellent support

Maurice95000
    Participant

application doesn’t crash when i only switch one to main page, but when i trying to do harder wth many switch , still little crash with black screen .

Maurice95000
    Participant

Video will show you issue : I restart the Mi box , show you Android 8.0 and perfect player 1.4.7.1.
    After restart, just use my mbox and after 3 mins and 30 sec Crash append :
    1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwHlQJGRUgg
    2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEkpc2Sqig

nikman
    Keymaster

Maurice95000,
    – Does this happens when you start the app and just scroll cursor up/down without playback 3-5 minutes or only when you go home and then back to app during playback?
    – Does this matters of what decoder is selected in Settings->Playback->Decoder?

Maurice95000
    Participant

– It depends, crash happens especially when i go home and go back to application, bau also sometimes during normal utilization.

– Decoder set to “Auto”

nikman
    Keymaster

Maurice95000,
    1. Could you make a test: start the app, not play any streams, just scroll up/down in channels list (not fast, 1 press per 10-30 seconds) during 5 minutes – will the app work normal without a crash?
    2. Try the app working with different decoders selected and “Settings->Playback->Playback at background” checkbox settings.

90c4
    Participant

I’ve also been having an issue since updating to Oreo (on Mi box) before and after the latest perfect player update. If I use the power button on my remote to turn off the box, when I turn it back on the last channel watched is frozen then the app crashes. Playback at background checked DOES fix the issue for me.

nikman
    Keymaster

90c4, it looks like another Android 8 issue. Will see how to fix it.

Maurice95000
    Participant

Hello,
    After 2 days of Perfect Player utilisation, I found where the issue occur and how to workaround.

Application crash and you go to home menu with channel still active, and goes back to Perfect Player. So to avoid issue we need to stop the channel before goes to home menu.

Maybe is like to New fonctionnalty from Andoid 8.0 in running background task.

nikman
    Keymaster

90c4,

I’ve also been having an issue since updating to Oreo (on Mi box) before and after the latest perfect player update. If I use the power button on my remote to turn off the box, when I turn it back on the last channel watched is frozen then the app crashes.

Could you test it with Perfect Player 1.4.7.2?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.