Cannot select VOD in source if using local file

About Forums Support Cannot select VOD in source if using local file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pmjcr
    Participant

Hi, I have a particular situation.

My IPTV provider gives me a m3u list that has both live channels and VODs. If I load the playlist directly from the URL he provided (is a xtreams compatible playlist) I can go to sources and select VOD (using this option gives me all VOD content information like moviedb description, rating, etc.

Now, if I use the same m3u playlist but loaded from a local file or from my own webserver PP will not show me anymore the VOD section in the sources.

Ths VODs are still there as I can go to them via the live channels groups and play them, but I cannot see and EPG related content and browse like a moviedb catalog.

I want to use this because I want to trim the list on my own to remove unwanted groups and channels… but even if I use the full playlist copy on a local file or my webserver it will not show VOD source….

Would like to know why… any configuration I am missing? Don’t want to go and search for another player as I really like PP.

Tks

nikman
    Keymaster

You can hide some groups/channels in Settings->Advanced->Groups management mode.

If you want to use local playlists you should add separate ones for channels and VOD.

pmjcr
    Participant

Hey tks for quick reply. 🙂

On hiding the groups I started by doing that but the loading of the playlist is still very slow as is very big. Also I want to edit more like removing channels and reorganizing them inside groups, so I do that via python script editing the playlist.

On your suggestion for the separate playlist for VOD, I actually did that by loading it and selecting VOD checkbox. Then I can see it in sources but I still cannot see any moviedb related content loaded from the EPG. Without this moviedb content the experience of navigating through the VOD (Movies and Series) is a lot worse and not appealing.

Any special reason why vODs cannot be automatically identified using my own URL/localfil? I checked the file structure and is exactly as original from my provider server.

Tks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.