Creating Epg for multiple devices

About Forums Support Creating Epg for multiple devices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Predrag Durdic

So do i have to use the EPG xml files thats generated with the playlist m3u from the program because it seems like i have to. I want to distribute the EPG i have created to multiple of my friends. but do they all need the same playlist because i have made my own iptv subsciption service and i generate my own playlists via the URL. with monthly or yearly subscriptions.

Cant i just make a download link for the EPG and have it auto download from it every day or something. because its not working for me atm.

nikman
    Keymaster

When you generate playlist and EPG, channels in playlist have hard links to EPG channels. If you use generated EPG with another playlist on Android, some channels will be automatically linked to EPG channels. Missed EPG channels should be manually assigned to playlist channels in “EPG assign mode” – watch video tutorial.
    You can make this EPG assignments on your device, remove your playlist from settings and then make settings backup file for your users. Users should restore this settings (including EPG assignments), then add their playlist URL. Thus all channels will have EPG.
    Settings->Defaults->Backp/Restore settings

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by nikman.
    Predrag Durdic

Not gonna lie but this has confused me lol

Predrag Durdic

So i have to link each one individually to the playlist? because what i want to do is upload the epg file to a direct download link and for everyone to put in that url in the settings and it would just load the epg.

nikman
    Keymaster

Yes. This would load EPG file. But EPG channels must be linked (automatically or manually) to playlist channels.
    In video tutorial you can see how to assign EPG to channels.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.