EPG Display Error – Multiple Listings on the Same Channel

About Forums Support EPG Display Error – Multiple Listings on the Same Channel

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sumpm1 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sumpm1
    Participant

Hi. This is not an issue of “overlapping text” from long titles. This is an issue that a single channel displays two titles on top of each other, look at the screenshot.

http://puu.sh/AfHPN/931ac892ae.jpg

#29662 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster
    #29669 Reply

sumpm1
    Participant

I will post in that thread. But in reading the thread you seem to be quick to blame the EPG source. I can show you 3 reasons to doubt the EPG source is the problem:

1. Here is the EPG in PP and the exact same EPG source in Kodi:

PP EPG
    Kodi EPG

2. Here is the EPG in PP, and then the same EPG source in PP in table view:

EPG in PP
    PP Table view

3. If you will notice in the previous 2 pictures, the overlapped text is the “next up” listing!

So are you certain this is an EPG source issue?

I would share my EPG file, but it has my IPTV username and password in it. If there is anything else I can do to help you fix the bug in your program, I’ll be glad to help.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  sumpm1.
    #29679 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

sumpm1, “List” view has semi-transparent background for EPG programs – that’s why you can see several titles specified at the same time in EPG file.

Downloaded EPG file does not contains your user/pass data. You can download it and send us for tests. Also, you can open it in text editor by yourself and see if are there any different EPG programs at the same time periods.

#29681 Reply

sumpm1
    Participant

Alright then. Here is the xmltv that I am using. Tell me if you need more info.

https://goo.gl/wRPs8f

#29745 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

sumpm1, looks like the EPG was made by combining several other EPGs.
    It has duplicated channels data and programs overlapping.

Here is a channel data:
    <channel id="National Geographic HD"><display-name>PL | Nat Geographic</display-name><icon src="http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/sites/common/i/presentation/NGLogo560x430-cb1343821768.png" /></channel>

A program for this channel:
    <programme start="20180505015500 -0400" stop="20180505025500 -0400" channel="National Geographic HD" ><title>Tajemnice najtrudniejszych napraw</title><desc>Serial dokumentalny, USA 2009. Odc. 14: Wodna kolejka. Opis: Kulisy budowy najdłuższej na świecie kolejki wodnej, która dzięki zastosowaniu nowatorskich technologii zmieniła dotychczasowy charakter parków rozrywki.(n)</desc></programme>

and the same data with 1 minute offset:
    <programme start="20180505015600 -0400" stop="20180505025600 -0400" channel="National Geographic HD" ><title>Tajemnice najtrudniejszych napraw</title><desc>Serial dokumentalny, USA 2009. Odc. 14: Wodna kolejka. Opis: Kulisy budowy najdłuższej na świecie kolejki wodnej, która dzięki zastosowaniu nowatorskich technologii zmieniła dotychczasowy charakter parków rozrywki.(c)</desc></programme>

As you can see this is the same EPG program with overlapping periods.

I’m sure this EPG has a lot more problems.

#29807 Reply

sumpm1
    Participant

Wow Nikman. Thank you for looking into the xml file. And thank you for being so prompt in responses. I totally totally apologize for accusing you of blaming xml file and for blaming your program. I really am sorry, that was a dick move on my part.

I will contact my IPTV provider and see if they will straighten this out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: EPG Display Error – Multiple Listings on the Same Channel
Your information: