Fire 4k Problem

About Forums Support Fire 4k Problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Punier 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fumbler
    Participant

I just loaded up PP 1.5.2 on both a Firestick gen.2 and a Firestick 4k. Both are configured identically. The Gen 2 displays most channel logos on the listings and seems fairly snappy on channel changes, etc, The 4k, however, displays few logos and will hang up/buffer on channel changes. They are both using the same URLs for EPG and channels. I have deleted and re-installed to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks.

nikman
    Keymaster

Try to select different Decoder in Settings->Playback->Decoder.

Fumbler
    Participant

I’ve tried various decoders and found ‘hardware’ works the best. It still doesn’t work nearly as well as the older Firestick. I noticed that the 4k OS had updated a few days ago to v6.2.6.3. I’m wondering if that broke it?

King200
    Participant

I have a Firestic 1st generation and Firestick 4k. I could not duplicate your problem and I could not.

I use HW decoding. For the EPG setting I used the ‘when update’ choice. My logos come in faster then the EPG.

I would suggest that on Firestick you ‘Defaults->backup’ and generate the .ppbck file. Restore that file to the Firestick 4k. I would also check the internet speed on each of the Firestick. Also, change the sticks between TVs.

Punier
    Participant

I have the same Problems 🤔

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.