Local EPG File

About Forums General discussions Local EPG File

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nikman 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

digi-ghost
    Participant

Hi there

I’m currently looking at using Perfect Player; currently on PC. I’ve got WebGrab+ Plus working and it has generated an EPG file for some specific channels.

However, I can’t figure out how to use this local file. The main settings screen only has the option of adding a URL rather than a file. I’m guessing that it must be possible to use this file, since I discovered WebgGrab Plus from a link on the Perfect Player website.

Any ideas?

nikman
    Keymaster

Try to specify in this format:
    file:///C:/FOLDER/my_epg.xml.gz

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  nikman.

digi-ghost
    Participant

Hi nikman

The file I have isn’t in the .gz format – does that matter? If I upload the content of the plain XML file to pastebin and use the URL to the raw version, it works, but when I use the local file format that you suggest (but with guide.xml, rather than guide.xml.gz) I see an error in the status bar at the bottom saying “Error reading EPG file”, so it does seem to be finding it using the file:/// method, just not reading it successfully.

nikman
    Keymaster

Try to gzip the file just to test.

digi-ghost
    Participant

Nope, afraid not – I zipped it up using 7zip, and ended up with guide.xml.gz, but still the same error 🙁

nikman
    Keymaster

This must be GZIP but not ZIP.
    Anyway, the app should also support plain EPG xml file.
    Make sure you’ve set EPG URL correcly and you can find EPG file in the directory after update: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\PerfectPlayer\

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.