Low quality image on Mibox updated Oreo

About Forums General discussions Low quality image on Mibox updated Oreo

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kingchibi
    Participant

Hi, I recently using Perfect IPTV for along time with my mibox running 6.0. Comparing with Live Channel, it more better, nice image, anti aliasing and no drop frame.
    But yesterday, when my mibox updated to Oreo, the quality image of Perfect iptv became really bad, it has aliasing and some stuttering motion.
    Here is the different between Perfect IPTV on 6.0 and 8.0

Please consider this issue. Thank so much.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Kingchibi.
    #36303 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

What decoder is selected in Settings->General->Playback?

#36304 Reply

Kingchibi
    Participant

I tried all option in Decoder. Only Software can show good quaility image and anti aliasing but it very laggy, delays every 3 second. Another option Auto, Native, Hardware and HW+ have the same bad quality i had mentioned above.

#36305 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

I guess, you should report the issue to Xiaomi and wait for upcoming device firmware updates.

#36307 Reply

Kingchibi
    Participant

Okay, so this is issue from Xiaomi not your app. Thanks so much for your support.

#36312 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster
    #36398 Reply

Diogo Sena

Funny, i use the same hbo example almost a year ago for a similar thread
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mi-box-t3680577

I have this problem with all apps since Oreo, all workarounds I was using in Marshmallow/Nougat, are not working anymore.

#36449 Reply

Kingchibi
    Participant

Maybe xiaomi does something wrong with video decoder. So we have a terrible experiment with image quality. Not have any solution until xiaomi (try) to fix it. But they are company very bad in supporting user and fix bugs. In miui forum or reddit, This issue didnt interested to report, so xiaomi may dont care, whos know.

#36490 Reply

Steve

I wanted to share my experience with mibox 3 and oreo 8.0.0 update. I have been using hardware decoder with buffer size set to 2 for all my iptv streaming service and have no issues what so ever since the new oreo 8.0.0 update. I have the international mibox 3 so I dont know if that is why mine works great or not. I have no buffering, no crashing, nothing. It just works great. I wonder if a factory reset would resolve some of these issues I am seeing online with the new oreo 8.0.0 update and mibox 3 users. I know with last patch release 6.0.1 there was an issue with usb sideloading but a factory reset solved it. Maybe would help others if they havent already tried it. Cant hurt.

#37233 Reply

90c4
    Participant

I’ve noticed some weird decoder issues with my Mi since Oreo also. I have to constantly change individual channels to Native now for best performance, even when it’s set that way in the main menu. I did a factory reset also and no difference. Seems the update has been problematic for a lot of us

#37480 Reply

Steve

There was an update this morning which solved my hardware decoding issues within PP.

#37585 Reply

Kingchibi
    Participant

Just updated new update for my mibox.
    Jesus, everything becomes more terible. Now not only pixelated, the player become more trouble. It has been stuck image every 20s for about 1s, the sound still fine while image stop. The PP sometime cannot move to another channel, it was stucked and must be press ok one more time to switch channel. Haha, factory reset more than 2 times and every thíng still the same. Dont know what happen with my mibox. Really miss those day on MM :'(

#37587 Reply

Steve

Since me and you both have the same box and my issues have been resolved I wonder if another app is interfering with the update or doesnt like the update. I have deocoder set to hardware, buffer set to 2 with no issues. Watching John Wick Chapter 2 on Sky Crime Thriller now on my NFPS iptv service right now. No pixelation, no buffering, can change channels with no issues. The only factor could be corrupt update or app interfering. That is my opinion.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Low quality image on Mibox updated Oreo
Your information: