This topic contains 86 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Jeffrey F Cristobal 1 year, 1 month ago.
27.11.2017 at 02:48 #18001
Love this player. I run 2 different IPTV services. I have not changed anything, no settings or anything. My second playlist works perfectly. No issues. But as I’m scrolling across the categories to my 1st service I get an error message saying Perfect Player has stopped. And closes down and I have to restart perfect player? Only to get the same error message. I am using perfect player on an Nvidia shield. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.27.11.2017 at 08:42 #1801227.11.2017 at 09:41 #18014
I’ve been getting the same on my shield. I have another device which seems OK but on the shield when I’m scrolling between categories it often crashes…27.11.2017 at 09:45 #18016
Just to confirm, the same playlist has no issues on 2 other devices. Just the shield, can do some testing if required..27.11.2017 at 12:15 #18018
Is the issue happaning in previous app versions?27.11.2017 at 15:50 #18025
1) Does the feed simply stopping and going back to the EPG qualify as a “Perfect Player Crash”.
2) If yes, then the latest app crashes on me 5-6 times an hour. I was not going to inquire as I thought maybe intense Internet use (“Cyber Monday”), was making the feed unstable an quirky.
3) I still have the previous version of PP, and will uninstall 1.43 and test v1.42 to see if it is unstable as well.
3) We are testing our new 2018 Android Tablets and Android Set Top Boxes. They are proprietary, and all have at least 2GB or 3GB Ram, with Amlogic processors.
Glenn Tamura27.11.2017 at 16:17 #18026
1. It’s not a crash – more like server disconnect.
– Use more stable streams (playlist)
– Try to select different decoder
– Check your network bandwidth to the streaming server
– Use wired ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) if available27.11.2017 at 16:35 #18027
Ok will do. I am wired internet. I have tried with multiple decoders. I have the latest PP.27.11.2017 at 16:37 #18028
We need a playlist to find the crash reason.27.11.2017 at 19:05 #18034
I was having the same problem yesterday multiple crashes on my Shield and was also happening on my son’s M8S android box, I created a backup of my settings, uninstalled the app and reinstalled again from Google play store, restored my back-up and have had no more crashes since on either box.28.11.2017 at 12:47 #18056
Looks like the issue reason is the recent Nvidia Shield TV firmware update:
SHIELD Android TV SW version 6.2 (24.32.406.417)28.11.2017 at 15:56 #18065
Any kind of fix for this?05.12.2017 at 19:13 #18452
Some users reported that previous version (1.4.2) still working fine with the latest firmware version 6.2.
Some users reported that Backup->Restore sequence helps to solve the issue.
However, we can’t reproduce crashing issue on Nvidia Shield TV with 6.2 SW version on Perfect Player IPTV with the playlist we was told reproducing the issue.
Any details helping us to reproduce or solve the issue will be very helpful.07.12.2017 at 00:29 #18544
This bug is definitely connected with Nvidia Shield TV SW firmware update 6.2.
Crash log has been sent to Nvidia support forum.07.12.2017 at 15:49 #18585
When I’m scrolling through categories, it seems to crash when it hits a category that is VOD, rather than IPTV. Not sure if this helps at all.
I’ve switched to use folder views and I only get the crash when I go into the VOD folder.
I can try some more testing later..
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.