Perfect Player Crashing

About Forums Support Perfect Player Crashing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    nikman
    Keymaster

If you still have crashing issue, you can send me your playlist by e-mail. We’ll try to contact Nvidia team again. Thanks!

nikman
    Keymaster

A manager from Nvidia answered that they can’t find stable way to reproduce the issue – so, it’s hard to find and fix it fast.

If someone can provide stable way to reproduce crashing issue – please, inform!

Also, could someone downgrade firmware to the previous version (6.1) – will it fix the issue? If it’s possible at all.

macca2004

I had a repeat of the problem after rearranging my channels lists in xtream-editor and restarting the app. I noticed at the very bottom of the epg list, “ghost” channels were displayed with no epg data next to them (eve though channel had data in main list).

Attempting to select or move to those channels crashed the app. I found that refreshing the whole epg data fixed the issue. (Main Menu, Refresh Icon, press down)

I will try to repeat issue and send you video and list. However this doesnt happen all the time as im always rearranging list and it doesnt always break 🙂

Habs9

I’m getting this issue too on a new Shield TV.

IPTV works fine but when scrolling between categories as soon as it reaches VOD content it crashes every time.

Tried reinstalling app & reinstalling settings from back up, still crashing.

gareth_iowc
    Participant

I’m having the same problem on the amazon fire tv gen2 stick.

the app will just close when browsing though the EPG

RR

Some information that might help with the Shield crash:

I’ve removed the important information from these samples as it is a paid for service and contains my login details but I’ve extracted a “live” tv channel and an “on demand” video from my m3u list.

As soon as I browse to a folder containing the “on demand” material, the application crashes.

The only difference I see is that the on demand video doesn’t have anything in the “tvg-id” tag…

http://url.com:8080/movie/dir1/dir2/32724.mkv
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id=”” tvg-name=”S01 E08 – High Low” tvg-logo=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjA3ODU4NTE1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODA3MzUyMjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg” group-title=”Bosch”,S01 E08 – High Low

http://url.com:8080/live/dir1/dir2/24645.ts
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id=”USA/CA: TSN 1 HD” tvg-name=”TSN 1 HD” tvg-logo=”http://www.fibreop.ca/binaries/small/content/gallery/common_en/tv/channel-logos/tsn_1_aug2014.png”
    group-title=”US/CA Sports”,TSN

nikman
    Keymaster

RR, could you manually create a playlist containing one or minimum number of channels that will cause the app to crash?

RR

Can you let me know an email address I can contact you on please?

nikman
    Keymaster

RR, see contacts in Links page.

Trevor

I can confirm all versions of pp 1.40-1.43 all crash when scrolling through any VOD on nvidia shield. Hiding groups/channel doesn’t fix the issue.

barbecuy

I just confirmed this issue happens on the NVidia shield just with lists that contain VOD content, tested list with no VOD content and no issues

Trevor

Ok well my list contains VOD content. So what you suggest?

nikman
    Keymaster

Will it help if you “Hide group” (VOD) in context menu in “Groups management mode”?
    No crashes will happens then while surfing channels in normal mode?

artur.stat
    Participant

Hi.
    I am having the same issue with Perfect Player on the Nvidia Shield TV. The app crashes while browsing VOD streams.

smirnoff65
    Participant

Guys I think I have found a temporary fix until such times that Nvidia can find a proper fix. As some of you have mentioned these crashes are happening when you move in to VOD sections and this is the same that is happening to me (this only happens on my Shield, my Fire TV box is perfect) I have found that if I want to go in to my VOD sections if I bring up the menu and change the view from ‘list’ to ‘table’ I can move about through the sections without crashing. Can anybody that is experiencing the same problems try this and see if it works for them. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.