Perfect Player Crashing

About Forums Support Perfect Player Crashing

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    nikman
    Keymaster

how do I open the perfect Player settings

Please, use “Cogwheel” button in main menu.

skleveno
    Participant

Wait.. I am having same crashing issue but using latest apk 1.44 I believe (just downloaded) with a Brand New Firestick. Have the settings for Vader Streams ( can be seen here) https://vaderstream.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1. I haven’t watch really anything as I just set it up. It is crashing when hitting left or right to switch from sports, country, etc in the guide. It will stop all of a sudden and then close. I did not have this issue on my phone yet. Both are on business internet 100mbp.

nikman
    Keymaster

I am having same crashing issue but using latest apk 1.44 I believe (just downloaded) with a Brand New Firestick

Is this solution could help to solve the issue?

jonnyp

Just to add to this, it does seem like the nvidia crash only happens when using the grid style display. It does not matter what font size I use, it will randomly crash whilst moving through groups on and VOD type groups…even though they have not been marked up as VOD.

If you have any possible test versions, I’d be happy to try them

Sevinc

Switching the fontsize from standart to large fix the problem with my Nvidia shield tv 2015. it doesnt crash anymore

Nick

Changing the font size also seems to have fixed crashes on the 2015 shield for me too.

Im still getting the flashing screen on start up though, not a big deal as it is fine once in menu.

Davie

Had few crashing incidents on my new shield (only had it 2 days) probably half dozen times in total. I thought maybe I’d messed summit up during setup but after noticing comments on reviews for PP on playstore I found myself here read the thread and changed my fonts to large then reloaded the app and hey presto I’ve watched all day since with not a flicker or kickout or crash …… Perfect👌since 5oclock ish today🖒

artur.stat
    Participant

Same here. Changed font size from Standard to Large. Not crashing anymore. NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 version.

nikman
    Keymaster

Please, post Nvidia Shield TV model number of your devices where “crashing issue” happening. We’ll be able to test it on.

For example,
    Model: 945-12897-2505-001

Dan

Also have this issue on my Shield that was fixed by changing the font size. My model number is P2897.

Would also love the flickering on startup to be fixed one day also.

Thanks.

nikman
    Keymaster

Dan,
    we have the same device model but unfortunately can’t reproduce the crashing issue.

– What exact display resolution are you using (4K, 1080, …)?
    – Could you send us a playlist (stream URLs should not be valid – stream names are important) that we could try to reproduce it?

However, flickering issue often happening on startup – will take a look.

artur.stat
    Participant

I have Model: P2897. I am using a 4K display. The app crashes more frequently when font is at standard size and I am browsing a VOD folder.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by artur.stat.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by artur.stat.
    nikman
    Keymaster

Model: P2897. I am using a 4K display

Could you try if the crash happening when change resolution to 1080? Thanks.

TVJunkie
    Participant

ISSUE: Large amount of groups causing player to crash.

DEVICE: PP Version: 1.4.5.1 on NVidia Shield.

Hello,

I have 3 playlists and 3 EPGs loaded in the program and it appears to cause the program to crash constantly when I flip through the Groups. My playlist has generated about 20 groups. As a result, after I flip through about 7 groups, the software crashes. I am able to reproduce this each time. It appears as if there is a correlation between the amount of groups and channels and the crashing. I can’t find any documentation that states there is a limitation on the number of channels you can load into the program.

This is happening on NVidia Shield, so the processor should be fast enough to handle all these channels or groups.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by TVJunkie.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by nikman.
    TVJunkie
    Participant

I seem to have found a thread that contains lots of postings with similar issues – http://niklabs.com/forums/topic/perfect-player-crashing/.

Based on what I’ve seen in this thread, this seems like a systemic issue with the Shield and PP because it is reoccurring with every revision in the past 6 months.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.