Play buffer

About Forums Feature requests Play buffer

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nikman 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

chrisbuck99
    Participant

I’m getting a cut out ever 4-5minutes, i have 70mbx5mb with virgin media, i ain’t sure if it is actually server overload or an intermittent fault, as its doing exactly the same on smart tv app. could you not as requested tell us which .ini file to edit to increase cache size, if only it buffered a little more, users with connections could still possibly get somewhat a usuable connection.

Tried decoder settings: doesn’t make any difference whatsoever!

thanks
    chris

#20490 Reply

jr2233

I am not going to repeat what the others are asking for. I have buffering problems too and I have 130Mx25M. I use the amazon box. My visitors come over and I want to watch a movie, and get embarrassed when the freezing starts. I think it would be best if I chose a movie and I do not mind waiting 10 or 15 minutes extra to let buffering get a head start. Then at some point I can press play and watch the whole movie without freezing. I do this right now using pause button and it helps. I prefer it to be done before starting the movie. Please answer these question from your followers.Thanks

#20838 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

Perfect Player v1.4.4

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  nikman.
    #21004 Reply

pajopasa
    Participant

Hi Nikman.
    I update my perfect player to the last version 1.4.4 and now we have 4 options in buffering size.
    Can you tel more about it?
    The number 1 is the lowest size and the 4 the biggest one?

Thanks for you hard work with this program

#21006 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

Buffer size:
    1 – smallest

4 – biggest

You can see current buffering progress in info bar’s timeline.
    Also, use “Pause” state to fill the buffer in advance.

#21012 Reply

pajopasa
    Participant

Ok. Thanks Nikman

#22334 Reply

jr2233

Thank you NickLabs. your long awaited update seems to run smoother. I still get skipping but it happens between 5 and 10 PM so that must be provider related. Too bad you can’t simply select a movie to watch and when it comes in, it beeps to let you know its there. Again, thanks for your work…

#22571 Reply

Brad Guthrie

What is the best number to select if you don’t have the fastest internet but not the slowest. Asking for a friend…thanks

#22582 Reply

pajopasa
    Participant

Hi Nikman
    Can you tell which buffering capability each option does?
    Thanks

#22763 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Play buffer
Your information: