playlist load performance

About Forums General discussions playlist load performance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nikman 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joe

Hi there,

I’m trying to use perfect player on a Sony Bravia TV (atop Android TV 7.0) with a fairly large m3u playlist that is about 5.5MB in size for a VOD collection that contains 21,000+ separate items. I’m seeing a performance issue on initial load where it takes ~ 2 minutes and 10 seconds for the playlist to be loaded and for the application to fully start. After playlist initial load, performance is fine.

I expect some of this problem is related to CPU and memory constraints on the Sony Bravia but I was wondering if there’s anything that can be done to make this perform any better?

My current PP configuration is:
    1) a single m3u playlist as described above
    2) show channel groups as folders ON
    3) download supposed logos OFF

Thanks
    Joe

#15282 Reply

Joe

Hi again,

As a performance comparison, I set my large playlist and got working through stbemu on the same Sony Bravia TV. I’m able to report that initial load and application startup is ~8 seconds which is more acceptable.

It would appear that there is a performance / code optimization issue that needs to be addressed in Perfect Player related to loading large playlists. If this type of problem is not being reported by many users it could be considered an edge case low priority issue.

I’m able to supply a sanitized version of my playlist for test purposes if required.

Cheers
    Joe

#15331 Reply

nikman
    Keymaster

You can send playlist to e-mail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: playlist load performance
Your information: